Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Here's a whopper for you.

Lear has a little problem with Ring Around the Mouth - a little red, irritated ring from licking his lips too much. Somehow, he has inherited this habit from his uncle Bronson, who had a problem with it when he was Lear's age. I've been putting Vaseline on it at night, which helps a lot, but recently I've noticed that it's getting worse. I asked Lear about it, and the conversation went something like this:

Me: "Lear, why are your lips getting worse?"
Lear: "Oh, the stuff you put on it got accidently wiped off."
Me: "Accidently? How did that happen?"
Lear: "Well actually, my finger accidently fell in my cup of water on my night stand, and then I touched it to my nose, but it slipped off and it rubbed around my mouth like this." He rubbed his finger around his mouth, slowly and deliberately, all the way around. "It happened before I could stop it. It was out of my control."

I've started putting the Vaseline on when I go to sleep at night, after Lear's been asleep for a couple hours. It's been getting much better.

Lear quote: "Get away from me, you nasty predator!" Said while playing a game with Papa. Does he even know what a predator is?

Ella quote: "Go away! You NOT my friend anymore!" Let the drama begin!

7 comments:

chelle belle said...

alot of people have allergies to petrolium and they don't even know it. this could be making it worse too. try some burt's bee's you might find it heals much faster!

Barton said...

HaHa, too funny about Lear. Isn't it amazing how kids think they can pass of anything as an accident?

carolee said...

He is such a clever little guy. I love how he said it was out of his control. Too funny! Eucerin cream might help too. We go through that stuff like wild fire at our house.

Scarlett said...

Oh My Gosh! That is hilarious! What a smart kid! He must have been thinking up that one for a little while!

Nickessa said...

Your kids are too funny. I agree with the burts bees, that stuff is amazing!

Launa said...

We have had such fun watching the kids a couple of times lately. But I have gone home absolutely exhausted. My hat's off to you Tia. They keep ya going all day. At least Cory, Bryce and Devin took naps everyday until they reached first grade!! But I do go home laughing over the most fun conversations. Luckily Ella who announced to me in a firm voice that she didn't like me any more and I wasn't her friend -- loved me the same when she saw me later.

Audra said...

That is so funny. The things little kids think of!