Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Excuses, excuses

I know it's been a while. I hereby exercise my worst habit, making excuses: 

1. I can't find the cable I need to upload pics. I have them. They're cute. I just can't find the cable.

2. I've had five concerts and seven rehearsals since Thanksgiving. I even skipped a couple rehearsals to accommodate more rehearsals and concerts.

3. Christmas shopping and decorating.

4. Catching up on all the DVRed shows I missed while we were in Oregon.

5. I decided to paint all the non-painted floor moldings in my house, which included a lot of cleaning and moving of furniture.

6. Painting floorboards has evolved into repainting my kitchen. (I now pause for all the shouts of joy from those of you who hate my lime green kitchen - you know who you are!)

7. I have a two year-old who put the capital letters on the term "Terrible Twos."

8. Laundry, which spawns in hampers like maggots on rotten meat.

9. Oh yeah, and I have a husband who needs to be entertained. (Love you, Cory Chou-Chou!)

10. I'm tired. Of whining, complaining, fits, fighting, screaming, pinching, scratching, messes everywhere, sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, organizing, and that ubiquitous layer of goo that covers everything little hands touch.

If it weren't for all that, I would have made some great posts! (And don't worry, I'm not in danger of an incipient mental breakdown.)

Lear quote: "Don't worry mommy, I'll protect you." 

Ella quote: "Because I want to!" Ella's reason for everything.

4 comments:

Nickessa said...

Oh the joys of motherhood! Keeps us on our toes. :)

Krista said...

Sounds like you have been busy! It's always really crazy at this time of year, isn't it? Good luck getting everything done! :)

This Place is a Disaster! said...

Lime Green. Well, I thought it was very bright and cheery. I can't wait to see the change, I notice that sometimes people get tired of their colors faster than they get tired of the neutral whites and tans. I liked it while it was there.

Cory and Tia said...

I'm actually not tired of the color at all, but there are reasons for changing it - at least it will stop the negative commentary from certain quarters. :)